This project is read-only.

Replace Yes/No with checkmarks in a 'transposed' DVWP

Jul 31, 2010 at 5:31 PM

Marc,

A current assignment of mine has multiple projects (90 and growing) with various requirements - either Yes or No field type - about 20 requirement items.
Since it is clearly an ugly display in the 'standard' display [1 project per row and the requirements as columns], I am using the OOTB format to
transpose the results and - since I am on a single project 'detailpage' (query string parameter + filtering of the CAML) - I am basicaly creating a DVWP table
looking like:

Requirement #1    Yes
Requirement #2    No
Requirement #3    Yes
Requirement #4    No
Requirement #5    Yes
Requirement #6    No
Requirement #7    Yes
Requirement #8    No
and so on....

I would like to replace the 'Yes'/'No' with a simple checkmark if Yes and '-' if No.

I am fairly certain it would be a piece of cake with jQuery [I would have to check again how SP is managing Yes/No fields - I recall a post by Bill S. pointing out SP uses boolean values but in a screwed up way or somethig like that...]

I would like to replace the Yes/No in a 'glogal' way rather than for each row (which is a separate field for SP)

Any (easy) way to do this?
Greg

Coordinator
Aug 2, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Greg:

You can certainly do this. How the column value is stored in the database really doesn't matter in this case. Are you trying to do this in a DVWP or with jQuery?

M.